While some of the chapters are combined texts, unless bracketed, all titles are taken from the texts written by the Mass-Observation authors, principally Tom Harrisson. An unknown error has occurred. Please click the button below to reload the page. If the problem persists, please try again in a little while.
No cover image. Leisure -- England -- Blackpool -- History -- 20th century. Working class -- England -- Blackpool -- History -- 20th century.
Leisure -- England -- Blackpool Lancashire -- History -- 20th century. Working class -- England -- Blackpool Lancashire -- History -- 20th century. Blackpool Lancashire, England -- Social life and customs.
Worktowners at Blackpool : Mass-Observation and popular leisure in the s in SearchWorks catalog
Lancashire Blackpool Social life, history Notes Includes bibliographical references and index. Open to the public. Open to the public ; Edith Cowan University Library. La Trobe University Library.
- Book Worktowners At Blackpool Mass Observation And Popular Leisure In The S .
- Univ. of Chicago Grad. Probs. in Physics w. Solns..
- - Telepathic Robot, The Scientific Miracle - (British) - siwolpocousi.tk.
- Worktowners at Blackpool;
- Optical Neural Networks!
- Cross's Documents - siwolpocousi.tk - Page 5?
- Worktowners At Blackpool Mass Observation And Popular Leisure In The S.
The annual pilgrimage to Blackpool was at the centre of the annual cycle of renewal and release in working class life. Led by Tom Harrisson, the observers studied the holiday dreams of the Worktowners, the role of freak shows, and the themes of music-hall songs. For the increasing pressure on girls to work on their feminine appearance as central to modernity see Penny Tinkler Constructing Girlhood: Popular Magazines for Girls Growing Up in England, — London: Taylor and Francis , chapter 6.
The foreword to a book on freaks in argued that science would soon solve these puzzles. Gary Cross ed.
- Publisher Description.
- Air sports: Airplane flying, kiteflying, bungee jumping, etc.!
- IEEE Recommended Practice for Calculating Short-Circuit Currents in Industrial and Commercial Power Systems.
- Food and Foodways in Asia: Resource, Tradition and Cooking (Anthropology of Asia).
John K. For the continuing popularity of fortune-telling in the twentieth century, see Davies, Witchcraft, Magic and Culture , pp.
Worktowners at Blackpool: Mass-Observation and Popular Leisure in the 1930s
Cross, Worktowners at Blackpool , pp. Toulmin, Pleasurelands , pp. Personalised recommendations. Cite chapter How to cite?
- Mathematical models of financial derivatives!
- European electricity systems in transition: a comparative analysis of policy and regulation in Western Europe.
- Book Worktowners At Blackpool Mass Observation And Popular Leisure In The 1930S 1990.
- Join Kobo & start eReading today.
- The Yablo Paradox: An Essay on Circularity;